Consignment Process & Currently-Accepting List
- Please don't bring anything that's not on the Accepting list below. This list changes often, please check it just before each drop-off Please call us if you think we forgot to list something. It definitely happens. 😉 603 886 6727
- Book a drop-off time. Call us if you can't find a time that works for you.
- Bring a maximum of 20 items per week.
- Current style, good quality and like-new only, please: no low-price items, stains or signs of wear. Items must retail for $20 or more.
You must be ready to totally let go of these items. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊🙆
- Designer/high-end items will need to be authenticated by the staff who has been trained to do this. Please call ahead to confirm that someone will be available to look at it. Please empty and clean every pocket. ;)
- No hangers, please and thank you. 😊
- Items must freshly cleaned.
- Clothing must be neatly folded into a bag.
- Drop your bag of items into a green bucket on the ramp that leads to the shoe department. Papers are available for you to write your name, cell phone and email address, or you can do this at home on scrap paper. Please put your contact info in each bag.
- Pleeeease do not leave costume jewelry décor, books, toys or other items that we don't sell*. We have no organization that will take them for donation. These items end up in the trash, which is exactly not what we are all about.
So Many Rules!! Yes. 🙂 They are necessary to ensure that we can process and sell incoming consignments within the correct season.🙂
Currently Accepting Only These Fall Items:
The items currently in very high demand are highlighted below in yellow.
Fall clothing for men, women, children: better brand and quality including plus size for women, and maternity clothing.
Below are some specifics:
- long-sleeved, Oxford, cotton, Vineyard Vines, Tommy Bahama and athletic/slim fit are the only button-down shirts we can accept for men or women.
- natural-fiber women's tops (Polyester tops are currently over-stocked.)
- great-quality sweatpants and sweatshirts, including New-England-themed sweatshirts
- sweaters that are cotton, linen, light-weight wool, and like new (No acrylic, please.)
- pajamas (for newborn - size 8 youth only) that are like new
- skirts and dresses that are Fall colors and weight, natural-fiber, current-style and great condition (no straight, jersey-knit maxi skirts/dresses)
- outerwear jackets must be Fall-weight and out-door brands only such as Patagona, EMS, ... and must be current styles. (Fashion-brand outerwear just isn't selling these days.)
- a few better-quality sport coats and blazers will be accepted for men and women (We usually get too many to sell, and will accept only styles showing in the fashion news for Fall.)
- athletic clothing: for the whole family, such as Lululemon, Adidas, and Nike shorts, capris, bras, tops and hoodies
- cool Fall vintage clothing and accessories for guys and gals. Call or send pics to confirm what's currently selling. :)
- sneakers, hikers, rain-boots and sport shoes such as Teva and Keen, for the whole family: great-condition, clean
- handbags and accessories that are Fall colors and styles, in style, like-new and cost more than $20, retail. Please empty and clean every pocket of your handbags. ;)
- NEW: We are now only accepting sterling, gold and handcrafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry. Watches must be running.
- baby gear and equipment that are current style and very clean, especially Pack-n-Plays, high chairs, strollers, joggers, carriers, swings, and jumpers. (Please call ahead to be sure we have room.) (We prefer to look at these items and check for recalls while you are still in the shop.)
- cloth diapers and diapering accessories that are in great condition
- hiking and cycling gear
- rain jackets, pants and boots that are waterproof for men, women, children
- School backpacks that are in excellent condition
- soccer, lacrosse, football, hockey and baseball gear
- gym gear: dumbbells, kettle bells, bands, yoga mat (no machines, please)
- pet stuff - like-new, better-quality clothing and gear for all kinds of pets, especially larger dogs
- complete, like-new Halloween costumes that cost more than $20 retail. (August 30 is the deadline for Halloween consignment. August is the ideal month to consign good Halloween costumes.)
Specifically Not Accepting:
- Winter, Spring, Summer items, clothing or accessories.
- heavy-weight wool
- snow-related clothing, gear or accessories
- rompers (not selling)
- polyester tops or dresses for women. (We currently have too many in stock. Check back.)
- older Vera Bradley or Lularoe prints, older Pink by Victoria Secret styles, and Ivory Ella
- any Alfred Dunner, Karen Scott, St John's Bay, and such brands
- silly-slogan/graphic shirts for older children and adults
- Alex and Ani bracelets and Pandora jewelry no longer sell.
- low-rise (short-zipper) jeans/pants or very skinny jeans/jeggings
- most button-down shirts for men or woman: we get WAY more than we sell. Also, short-sleeved or sleeveless button-downs do not sell. (Bring only, Oxford, cotton, Vineyard Vines and athletic/slim fit, please.)
- career wear, suits or formal wear for men or women
- most sport coats and blazers for adults (we will accept a few that are very current-style this month, to gauge interest.)
- strapless items and zippers on the outside are no longer in demand.
- sandals (except Keen and Teva)
- cardigans - long or short are not selling, so we will not be taking more.
- pajamas size 10 youth or larger and adult sizes
- straight or fitted/clingy maxi dresses or skirts, and straight skirts are not selling, so we will not be accepting these items. (flowy, bohemian maxis are selling)
- most jackets (We are accepting only in-style, outdoor-brand jackets such as LL Bean, EMS, Patagonia, The North Face)
- leather or faux leather jackets/coats do not sell, except for motorcycle jackets
*Items we don’t ever accept:
- any item not on the Currently Accepting list 😉
- anything that cost less than $20 retail
- costume jewelry
- décor, knick-knacks, etc
- underwear or lingerie
- watches that are not working
- any item that has been recalled
- inexpensive, discount-store brands
- event-specific or souvenir items (except Disney World/Land clothing w/ no dates)
- promotional items with names of places, people, businesses (exception: New England-themed clothing that is not event-specific)
- anything that is a counterfeit, or that we cannot authenticate
- car seats, bike seats, or bike trailers
- bicycles that have hand brakes or gears
- helmets of any kind
- rock-climbing harnesses
- flotation devices, or inflatable items
- downhill skis/poles or snowboards or the boots
- breast pumps
- most umbrella strollers
- equipment/furniture that is older than 4 years
- motorized bikes/cars
- computers, or electronics
- dvd/vhs/cassette tapes or the players
- stuffed animals, baby mobiles, toys or books
- At the end of the first full month of consignment, remaining unsold items will be reduced in price by 25%.
- At the end of the second month, the price of remaining unsold items will be reduced an additional 25%.
- After the 15th day of the third month, items that remain unsold will be given to local organizations to distribute to those in need.
- We make every effort to maximize the amount of money our consignors will receive. Accordingly, prices may —at our discretion— be reduced more than as described above, if we think that they will not otherwise sell.
- Regarding items found to be unsuitable, after being accepted and processed: Items under $25 will be donated. We will try to call about items we have priced at $25 or more. If you want to take it back, you will have 48 hours to do so.
- The consignor may take 40% of the sale of each item sold, in cash, or 50% of the price of each sale, if he or she chooses to take a store credit. Exception: if an item sells for over $50 consignor earns 60% cash or credit. Credit for any item that sold more than 2 years ago, remains available as a store credit but will not be payable in cash.
- A $1 handling fee goes to M&C for every item sold.
You must be ready to totally let go of the items that you bring to us. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊 (exception: designer/high-end items.) Our pricing includes the cost of entering your items into our system, tagging, hanging, displaying and selling them. Helping you find items that did not sell, requires manpower that cancels out any profit.
Estimated M&C Consignment Schedule
Please check back, closer to your drop-off, to confirm.
- Jan/Feb Spring/Summer (no strollers)
- Mar/Apr/May Summer
- Jun Call ahead
- Jul/Aug Fall/school/Halloween
- Sep/Oct Winter/Snow Gear/Holiday (no strollers)
- Nov Winter/snow gear (no strollers)
- Dec Call ahead (no strollers)