Consignment Process & Currently-Accepting List
Think: outdoors, comfy, and uplifting.
- Please don't bring anything that's not on the Accepting list below. Please call us if you think we forgot to list something, it definitely happens. 😉 603 886 6727
- Book a drop-off time.
- Include your
- telephone number and
- email address on a couple of pieces of scrap paper and place them into your bag.
- Bring up to 20 items per week.
- Check the list before each time you drop. We will update as we see what has come in and what is selling best. 🕵️♀️
- Current style and like-new only, please: no stains or signs of wear.
- Items must retail for $20 or more.
You must be ready to totally let go of these items. We will not be able to give back the items that we don’t think will sell. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊🙆
- Designer/high-end items will need to be authenticated by the staff who has been trained to do this. We will call you if we are unable to authenticate them, or it is not in new/clean condition, to ask if you want it back. Please empty and clean every pocket. ;)
- No hangers, please. 😊
- Items must freshly cleaned.
- Clothing must be neatly folded into a bag.
- Wear a mask over your mouth and nose.
- Practice 6-foot social distancing. 😷
- Drop your items into a green bucket on the ramp that leads to the shoe department.
- To help reduce the risk of spreading the virus, we will look at your items 24 hours after you leave them. 🤗🤭
So Many Rules!! Yes. 🙂 We are trying to err on the side of caution because we want to remain open. 🙂
Visit our Currently Accepting Gallery for more inspiration.
Accepting Only These Items:
The items currently in very high demand are highlighted below in yellow.
- outdoor-brand Spring jackets (brands such as Patagonia, Mountain Hardware, Burton...)
- rain jackets, pants and boots that are waterproof
- Spring sweaters that are light-weight and Spring colors and are better brands: cotton and silk are most popular. (Do not bring wool items.)
- Spring tops for all: better and more popular brand
- Oxford, cotton, Vineyard Vines, and athletic/slim fit are the only button-down shirts we can accept for adults.
- better-quality long-sleeved, cotton T-shirts
hoodies and great-quality sweatpants and sweatshirts
- jeans and pants -current style and like new (note: current style includes vintage, high-waist "mom" and acid-wash jeans for women, and does not include low waist or jeggings.)
- Carhartt, Dickies, Timberland...
- pajamas that are cotton (for children only)
- skirts and dresses that are light-weight and Spring colors, current-style and great condition (straight, "pencil" and jersey-knit skirts/dresses -short or long will be accepted, as they aren't selling.)
- sneakers for the whole family: great-condition, clean
- shoes for Spring and Summer fro the whole family
- jewelry, handbags and accessories that are Spring/Summer colors and styles, in style, like- new and cost more than $20, retail. Watches must be running.
- maternity clothing that is in style and like new
- baby gear and equipment that are current style and very clean, especially Pack-n-Plays and high chairs (Please call ahead to be sure we have room.) (We will do our best to look at these items and check for recalls while you are still in the shop.) (We do not accept strollers October - April.)
- cloth diapers and diapering accessories that are in great condition
- hiking and cycling gear
- soccer, lacrosse and baseball gear
- ice skates in all sizes
- gym gear: dumbbells, kettle bells, bands, yoga mat (no machines, please)
- athletic clothing: such as Lululemon, Adidas, Nike, and Under Armor shorts, pants, bras, tops and hoodies for the whole family
- cool vintage clothing and accessories for guys and gals. Call or send pics if you are not sure. :)
- pet stuff - like-new, better-quality clothing and gear for all kinds of pets, especially larger dogs
Specifically Not Accepting:
- Winter items of clothing or accessories, except ice skates and snowshoes
- backpacks for school
- low-rise (short-zipper) jeans or very skinny jeans/jeggings
- denim jackets
- most button-down shirts for men or woman: we get WAY more than we sell. (Bring only, Oxford, cotton Vineyard Vines and athletic/slim fit, please.)
- career wear or cocktail wear for men or women (Sadly not selling during the pandemic)
- cold-shoulder tops are no longer in demand.
- We have noticed that we already have a lot of those duster-style, and open-cardigans and they are not selling, so we will not be taking more.
- straight or fitted maxi dresses or skirts, and straight skirts are not selling, so we will not be accepting these items. (flowy, bohemian maxis are selling)
- Last year, we were over-run with fashion outerwear jackets and vests that did not sell, so we are accepting only outdoor-brand outerwear Spring jackets.
- dress coats and "car coats" do not sell well.
- leather or faux leather jackets/coats do not sell, except for motorcycle jackets
- tweed fashion jackets are not popular this year.
- strollers are not accepted October - April
Items we don’t ever accept:
- any item not on the Currently Accepting list 😉
- underwear or lingerie
- watches that are not working
- any item than can be purchased, new, for $20 or less
- any item that has been recalled
- inexpensive, discount-store brands
- event-specific or souvenir items (except Disney World/Land w/ no dates)
- anything that is a counterfeit, or that we cannot authenticate
- car seats, bike seats, or bike trailers
- bicycles that have hand brakes or gears
- helmets of any kind
- rock-climbing harnesses
- flotation devices, or inflatable items
- downhill skis or snowboards or the boots
- breast pumps
- most umbrella strollers
- equipment/furniture that is older than 4 years
- promotional items with names of places, people, businesses (exception: New England Sports team clothing and gear that is not event-specific)
- motorized bikes/cars
- computers, or electronics
- dvd/vhs/cassette tapes or the players
- stuffed animals, baby mobiles, toys or books
- At the end of the first full month of consignment, remaining unsold items will be reduced in price by 25%.
- At the end of the second month, the price of remaining unsold items will be reduced an additional 25%.
- After the 15th day of the third month, items that remain unsold will be given to local organizations to distribute to those in need.
- We make every effort to maximize the amount of money our consignors will receive. Accordingly, prices may —at our discretion— be reduced more than as described above, if we think that they will not otherwise sell.
- Regarding items found to be unsuitable, after being accepted and processed: Items under $25 will be donated. We will try to call about items we have priced at $25 or more. If you want to take it back, you will have 48 hours to do so.
- The consignor may take 40% of the sale of each item sold, in cash, or 50% of the price of each sale, if he or she chooses to take a store credit. Exception: if an item sells for over $50 consignor earns 60% cash or credit. Credit for any item that sold more than 2 years ago, remains available as a store credit but will not be payable in cash.
- A $1 handling fee goes to M&C for every item sold.
You must be ready to totally let go of the items that you bring to us. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊 (exception: designer items.) Our pricing includes the cost of entering your items into our system, tagging, hanging, displaying and selling them. Helping you find items that did not sell, requires manpower that cancels out any profit.
Estimated M&C Consignment Schedule
Please check back, closer to your drop-off, to confirm. 😌
- Jan/Feb Spring/Summer
- Mar/Apr/May Summer
- Jun Call ahead
- Jul/Aug Fall/school/Halloween
- Sep/Oct Winter/Snow Gear/Holiday
- Nov Winter/snow gear
- Dec Call ahead