Consignment Procedures & Currently Accepting List
How to Consign Items at M&C -Covid-19 Version 😷🙃🙂
Reserve a Time
Check the List
Clean and Pack
Book a time-slot
|Prepare up to 20 items from the
clean and fold/pack
Thank you so much for sharing our passion for recycling and keeping it local.
The Very Important Details 🧐 (Updated for Covid-19 Safety) 😷
- Review the Currently Accepting list below. Please don't bring anything not on the list.
- We are not able to accept new consignors, at this time.
- Book an appointment. The reason for this is to avoid too many folks dropping at the same time. :) Don't worry. There are many time slots available!
- Bring up to 20 like-new items per week. Check the list each time you drop.
- Items must be current style, and like-new.
- Bring only items that can be bought at retail stores for $20 or more.
- You must be ready to totally let go of these items. We will not be able to give back the items that we don’t think will sell or that we can’t price high enough to make a profit. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊
- For our safety, we will look at your items 2 days after you leave them. Any item that we can't accept will be donated to Ecosmith Recylcers, Inc.
No hangers, please. Items must freshly cleaned. Clothing must be neatly folded.
- Weed out items with stains or rips, that are not currently in style, that have signs of wear, or that are more than 5 years old (exception: Cool Vintage. Please call ahead to ask if we can accept what you have.)
- EcoSmith clothing drop-boxes, behind our shop, are a great place for your wearable-but-not-consignable textiles and shoes.
- Designer items will need to be authenticated by the staff who has been trained to do this. We call will call you if we are unable to authenticate them.
- Please put your name, telephone number and email address on a couple of pieces of scrap paper, at home, and place them into your bag.
- Please wear a mask as you enter the shop, and do not enter if another consignor or customer is right inside the door.
- Drop your items into a green bucket inside and to the right of the door that leads into the Children's clothing department (the door to your right, when you are facing the building.)(If you need to use the handicap-accessible door, no problem! Please call 603-886-6727and we'll meet you at the door.)
So Many Rules!! Yes. 🙂 We are trying to err on the side of caution. Also... I don't want to take more than I am sure we can sell before the Fall-clothing season. ;)
The above procedure pertains to the Month of June, Mon Tue Thu Fri Sat 9AM-4PM, and will be adjusted as necessary over the coming weeks and months. Thank you for your support, encouragement and patience as we move, ever-so-slowly toward being able to gather here at M&C, again.
I invite you to visit the M&C Blog. You will find a lot more information including Covid Consignment Q&A. 🤗
- home gym gear: dumbells, kettlebells, bands, yoga mat (no machines, please)
- great-condition Summer sneakers, hiking shoes, and Teva/Keen-type sandals for whole family
- better-brand, in-style, like-new shorts for the whole family
- like-new swimsuits in sizes 4T-14youth only (No adult swimsuits please)
- UV-protection clothing for the whole family
- like-new sun hats for the whole family (straw, cotton, safari or UV)
- good gear for fishing, kayaking, hiking
- current gear for tennis, pickleball, and golf for all ages (Please do not bring gear that is more than 5 years old)
- gear for backyard baseball, volleyball (no team-sports gear)
- in-line skates (check that the wheels are worn on one side,) roller skates, scooters, and skateboards, and the protective pads (Although we highly recommend wearing helmets for these sports, we can't sell them here for liability reasons.)
- like-new Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour shorts and Summer tops for the whole family (no long sleeves or long pants, please)
- Summer Athleta and Lululemon and like brands for women and teens (no long sleeves or long pants, please)
- light-weight, packable, waterproof rain gear for the whole family (taped seams) Check that the inside is not cracked or peeling)
- Summer pet gear, especially for bigger dogs
- better-brand, in-style, like-new summery maternity shorts, tops and dresses for Summer (no long sleeves or long pants, please)
- better-brand, in-style, like-new, cotton, casual, shorts and tops for women and girls (Brands like: Madewell, Vineyard Vines, Free People, and Lilly Pullitzer sell best.)
- better-brand, in-style, like-new, cotton, casual, Summer tops for men and boys (Brands like: Tommy Bahama, Vineyard Vines, Timberland, Patagonia, Carhartt and American Eagle sell best.)
- better-brand childrens and babies, cotton, Summer clothing (Brands like: Hanna Anderson, Janie and Jack, Vineyard Vines, Crewcuts, and Lilly Pullitzer sell best.)
- very Summery, very clean --inside and out-- handbags (white, straw, pastel, neons)
- some like-new, Summer jewelry that cost more than $20 retail.
- like-new, current baby equipment for Summer. Please call ahead 603 886 6727 to confirm we have room.
Items we don’t ever accept:
- any item not on the Currently Accepting list 😉
- any item than can be purchased, new, for $20 or less
- any item that has been recalled
- inexpensive, discount-store brands
- event-specific or souvenir items (except Disney World/Land w/ no dates)
- anything that is a counterfeit
- car seats, bike seats, or bike trailers
- bicycles that have hand brakes or gears
- helmets of any kind
- flotation devices, or inflatable items
- downhill skis or snowboards
- equipment/furniture that is older than 4 years
- promotional items with names of places, people, businesses (exception: New England Sports team clothing and gear that is not event-specific)
- motorized bikes/cars
- computers, or electronics
- dvd/vhs/cassette tapes or the players
- stuffed animals, toys or books
- At the end of the first full month of consignment, remaining unsold items will be reduced in price by 25%.
- At the end of the second month, the price of remaining unsold items will be reduced an additional 25%.
- After the 15th day of the third month, items that remain unsold will be given to local organizations to distribute to those in need.
- We make every effort to maximize the amount of money our consignors will receive. Accordingly, prices may —at our discretion— be reduced more than as described above, if we think that they will not otherwise sell.
- Regarding items found to be unsuitable, after being accepted and processed: Items under $25 will be donated. We will try to call about items we have priced at $25 or more. If you want to take it back, you will have 48 hours to do so.
- The consignor may take 40% of the sale of each item sold, in cash, or 50% of the price of each sale, if he or she chooses to take a store credit. Exception: if an item sells for over $50 consignor earns 60% cash or credit. Credit for any item that sold more than 2 years ago, remains available as a store credit but will not be payable in cash.
- A $1 handling fee goes to M&C for every item sold.
You must be ready to totally let go of the items that you bring to us. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊 (exception: designer items.) Our pricing includes the cost of entering your items into our system, tagging, hanging, displaying and selling them. Helping you find items that did not sell, requires manpower that cancels out any profit.
Estimated M&C Consignment Schedule
Please check back, closer to your appointment, to confirm. 😌
- Jan/Feb Spring/Summer
- Mar/Apr/May Summer
- Jun Call ahead
- Jul/Aug Fall/school/Halloween
- Sep/Oct Winter/Snow Gear/Holiday
- Nov Winter/snow gear
- Dec Call ahead