Welcome to our Consignment Information Page!
This list changes often, please check it just before each drop-off. Please call us if you think we forgot to list something. It definitely happens. 😉 603 886 6727
- Book a drop-off time. Call us if you can't find a time that works for you.
- Bring a maximum of 20 items per drop. One drop per week.
- Current style, good quality and like-new only, please: no stains or signs of wear
- Items must retail for $20 or more.
You must be ready to totally let go of these items. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊🙆
- Designer/high-end items will need to be authenticated by the staff who has been trained to do this. Please call ahead to confirm that someone will be available to look at it. Please empty and clean every pocket. ;)
- No hangers, please and thank you. 😊
- Items must freshly cleaned.
- Clothing must be neatly folded into a bag.
- Drop your bag of items into a green bucket on the ramp that leads to the shoe department. Papers are available for you to write your name, cell phone and email address, or you can do this at home on scrap paper. Please put your contact info in each bag.
- Pleeeease do not leave costume jewelry décor, books, toys or other items that we don't sell*. We have no organization that will take them for donation. These items end up in the trash, which is exactly not what we are all about.
So Many Rules!! Yes. 🙂 They are necessary to ensure that we can process and sell incoming consignments within the correct season.🙂
(The items currently in very high demand are highlighted below in yellow.)
Better-brand/quality, Fall/Winter clothing for men, women, teens, children and babies:
Below are some specifics:
- skirts and dresses that are Winter colors and weight, current-style and better-quality (no straight, jersey-knit maxi skirts/dresses)
- better-brand/better-quality, current shirts and tops
- long-sleeved, Oxford, cotton, flannel, wool, chamois better-brand such as Vineyard Vines, or Brook Brothers, or athletic/slim fit are the only button-down shirts we can accept for men or women.
- better-quality school clothing
- sweaters that are wool, cotton, linen, and like new (No acrylic, no pills please.)
- great-quality sweatpants and sweatshirts for all, including New-England-themed sweatshirts
- in-style maternity clothing, for Fall/Winter
- better-quality, in-style plus-sized, Fall/Winter clothing
- snow jacket, pants, boots for the whole family that are outdoor brands and like new (fashion outerwear does not sell well these days.)
- outerwear jackets must be out-door brands only such as Patagona, LL Bean, REI, EMS... and must be current styles. (Fashion-brand outerwear just isn't selling these days.)
- better-quality and brand Winter hats and water-proof mittens
- a few better-quality sport coats and blazers will be accepted for men and women (We usually get too many to sell, and will accept only styles showing in the fashion news for Fall.)
- current-style, better-brand, athletic clothing: for the whole family, such as Lululemon, Adidas, and Nike
- Winter pajamas (for newborn - size 8 youth only) that are like new
- cool vintage clothing and accessories for guys and gals. Call or send pics to confirm what's currently selling. :)
- Holiday sweaters, and clothing that is like-new
- sneakers, hikers, rain-boots for the whole family: great-condition, clean
- handbags and accessories that are not Summer colors and styles, in style, like-new and cost more than $20, retail. Please empty and clean every pocket of your handbags. ;)
- NEW: We are now only accepting sterling, gold and handcrafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry. Watches must be running.
- baby gear and equipment that are current style and very clean, especially Pack-n-Plays, high chairs, carriers, swings, and jumpers. (Please call ahead to be sure we have room.) (We prefer to look at these items and check for recalls while you are still in the shop.)
- cloth diapers and diapering accessories that are in great condition
- hiking and cycling gear
- rain jackets, pants and boots that are waterproof for men, women, children
- soccer, lacrosse, football, hockey and baseball gear
- gym gear: dumbbells, kettle bells, bands, yoga mat (no machines, please)
- pet stuff - like-new, better-quality clothing and gear for all kinds of pets, especially larger dogs
Specifically Not Accepting:
- Halloween items
- anything that is not currently retailing for $20 or more
- Spring, Summer items, clothing or accessories
- any basics, such as long-sleeve Ts or camis, that are not key to a trendy style
- inexpensive, polyester tops or dresses for women. (We currently have too many in stock. Check back.)
- older Vera Bradley or Lularoe prints, older Pink by Victoria Secret styles, and Ivory Ella
- any Alfred Dunner, Karen Scott, St John's Bay, and such brands
- silly-slogan/graphic shirts for older children and adults
- Alex and Ani bracelets and Pandora jewelry no longer sell.
- low-rise (short-zipper) jeans/pants or very skinny jeans/jeggings
- most button-down shirts for men or woman: we get WAY more than we sell. (Bring only, current-style, Oxford, cotton, Vineyard Vines, or athletic/slim fit, please.)
- career wear, suits or formal wear for men or women
- most sport coats and blazers for adults (we will accept a few that are very current-style this month, to gauge interest.)
- strapless items and zippers-on-the-outside are no longer in demand.
- lower-priced athletic wear brands such as C9, Tek Gear, Danskin NOW
- pajamas, robes, slippers size 10 youth or larger and adult sizes
- straight or fitted/clingy maxi dresses or skirts, and straight skirts are not selling, so we will not be accepting these items. (flowy, bohemian maxis are selling)
- most jackets (We are accepting only in-style, outdoor-brand jackets such as LL Bean, EMS, Patagonia, The North Face)
- leather or faux leather jackets/coats do not sell, except for motorcycle/biker-style jackets
*Items we don’t ever accept:
- any item not on the Currently Accepting list 😉
- anything that cost less than $20 retail
- costume jewelry and watches
- décor, knick-knacks, etc
- high-end watches that are not running
- underwear or lingerie
- any item that has been recalled
- inexpensive, discount-store brands
- event-specific or souvenir items (except Disney World/Land clothing w/ no dates)
- promotional items with names of places, people, businesses (exception: New England-themed clothing that is not event-specific)
- anything that is a counterfeit, or that we cannot authenticate
- car seats, bike seats, or bike trailers
- bicycles that have hand brakes or gears
- helmets of any kind
- rock-climbing harnesses
- flotation devices, or inflatable items
- downhill skis/poles or snowboards or the boots
- breast pumps
- most umbrella strollers
- equipment/furniture that is older than 4 years
- motorized bikes/cars
- computers, or electronics
- dvd/vhs/cassette tapes or the players
- stuffed animals, baby mobiles, toys or books
- At the end of the first full month of consignment, remaining unsold items will be reduced in price by 25%.
- At the end of the second month, the price of remaining unsold items will be reduced an additional 25%.
- After the 15th day of the third month, items that remain unsold will be given to local organizations to distribute to those in need.
- We make every effort to maximize the amount of money our consignors will receive. Accordingly, prices may —at our discretion— be reduced more than as described above, if we think that they will not otherwise sell.
- Regarding items found to be unsuitable, after being accepted and processed: Items under $25 will be donated. We will try to call about items we have priced at $25 or more. If you want to take it back, you will have 48 hours to do so.
- The consignor may take 40% of the sale of each item sold, in cash, or 50% of the price of each sale, if he or she chooses to take a store credit. Exception: if an item sells for over $50 consignor earns 60% cash or credit. Credit for any item that sold more than 2 years ago, remains available as a store credit but will not be payable in cash.
- A $1 handling fee goes to M&C for every item sold.
You must be ready to totally let go of the items that you bring to us. Clear space in your closet AND your mind. 😊 (exception: designer/high-end items.) Our pricing includes the cost of entering your items into our system, tagging, hanging, displaying and selling them. Helping you find items that did not sell, requires manpower that cancels out any profit.
Estimated M&C Consignment Schedule
Please check back, closer to your drop-off, to confirm.
- Jan/Feb Spring/Summer (no strollers)
- Mar/Apr/May Summer
- Jun Call ahead
- Jul/Aug Fall/school/Halloween
- Sep/Oct Winter/Snow Gear/Holiday (no strollers)
- Nov Winter/snow gear (no strollers)
- Dec Call ahead (no strollers)